This HTML Slide Show presentation connecting the dots between portals, blogs and RSS, from the point of view of librarians. By Jenny Levine, SLS Information Technology Services, September 9, 2002 (via elearnspace blog).
Of particular interest to us was Slide 19:
Potential applications in libraries
• Highlight new sites
• Post current library news
• Post “localized, topical content”
• Post new titles added to online catalog
• Post FAQs
• Post book reviews
• Post assignment alerts and homework resources (perfect for public-school collaborations!)
• Perfect for sharing community information in one place
• Can ease maintenance of your web site
Nice, build community around your library. We can’t wait for this to get to our local library.
Thank you for a great resource on blogs etc. Even though I have been blogging for over a year, I still have difficulty explaining a blog to my non geek friends who are over 50. Anyone have a one sentence description to loan :-)
Right now (Sat 9-Nov-2002)
the link sadly does not seem to work :(
Is there an alternative url ?
Sat - Nov. 9, 2002
9:47 am CT
Working just fine for me